HAPPY 4th OF JULY
First let me say that the 4th of July is my favorite holiday. I know most people love Christmas, Halloween, etc. But for myself I love THE 4TH OF JULY!!! For the fact that it is the ONLY HOLIDAY Maceo and I have always spent together, even with deployments he was always home for the 4th of July.
Our destination of choice Omaha, NE--I never thought I would say that about a town in Nebraska. It is a place where we (Maceo and I) have gone since we started dating, kind of a tradition. This year Isla, accompanied us (like we would leave her).
Day 1: Our first stop Michael's for TACOS!!!! YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!!!!!
This is OBVIOUSLY after we had eaten a few tacos.
Isla did well, she slept thru it. But she was excited when she was able to enjoy it later on. ;)
After we had our fill of Tacos, which is really hard, they are sooooooo good. We drove over to see the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge. We walked across it and got some fun pictures. It connects Iowa and Nebraska together! Pretty cool!!
Walking up to the bridge
Isla and I in 2 states at once!!
The Omaha skyline!
We walked all the way from Nebraska to Iowa on the longest Bridge connecting 2 states!! YAHOO!!!
It was hot when we were walking on the Bridge but Isla does everything in style. One thing that I had told Maceo we NEEDED to get for Isla before we left for Omaha was a fan. AND IT CAME IN HANDY, almost every day.
Can you say Pampered!?!?!?!
(Yes her shirt says "every girl needs a little sparkle")
We we walked back to Nebraska we stopped into the Lewis and Clark Landing Site Office. Isla and Mom were excited it was cooler...having 2 heaters together is rough on a hot day. Especially if the little heater needs milk from the bigger heater. We were able to check out the route of Lewis and Clark, as well as, some of the skins and things they traded. We also watched a 25 minute film (Isla made it thru almost the whole movie). We wandered the hall and even dressed up!!
Isla was captivated by the film (almost the whole time)
Playing Dress up
Isla was less amused
The Holy Family Shrine
This does't even do justice to how beautiful it was
We also made it here after everything was closed, but we decided we would walk around and see
It was HUGE!!
Happy little lady with her Daddy
And her Mommy
Beautiful!
From the other side still Beautiful!
Our Sunset
"Seriously, I am so over pictures"
My two loves watching the sunset
FAMILY SUNSET PICUTES
Yeah, we are going to go! I have had enough excitement for one day!
When we were back at the hotel. We were just winding down for the night and hear boom, crack, boom, etc... Thinking it was just people setting off fireworks. But it was too consistent to be that. We looked out the window from our hotel and there was a show going on!! Not the fireworks show that Omaha is known for (they had that on the 3rd), but they had quite the showing RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!! Well off a ways but we had the best view from indoors!
Day 2
I will spare you another picture of the Michael's Tacos.....THEY WERE DELICIOUS!!!!
We decided to go to the Train Museum to check out the trains and Sue
Just hanging out before we get this party started
Such a happy girl
Sooooo Scared!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
(Well, I guess it could just be a yawn but too perfect with Sue in the Background.)
Later that day.... We also love Springfield, NE (well not the town, but what is just outside of town) for Soaring Wings Winery. LOVE IT!!!! Isla and I wearing our matching dresses and Dad in a coordinating top. Listened to the music (which wasn't the best) enjoyed our company, and enjoyed the sun setting. I was the only one enjoying the wine. Dad said that he had 9 months he was able to drink when I wasn't (what a great guy!!). We had just did the tastings anyways...equals about 2 full glasses, and when Mom was done we left, but not before buying a few bottles to take home with us!!
Day 3:
On our way home we stopped at an air museum
No comments:
Post a Comment