Sunday, September 21, 2014

"D"

Well, we have 60 days left until this little guy's due date.And the suspense is fun but we have decided to tell our little secret.  The secret that really we have only known for a week....


"D's" name:



Deakin Devereaux Anderson


The background behind Mr. Deakin's name, was as I told Maceo, how we would figure out "D's" name.  I told him we had this list of names and it would be some name that one of us would say to the other and it would be the one.  We had our list of names and would randomly "vote" on the names that we liked the best.  Then one night, sure enough, Maceo after listening to the same names for a while said...."What about Deacon?" I said "YES!" but I said that the spelling would have to be different.  So, we played with the spellings and came to love D-E-A-K-I-N. 

Deakin \de(a)-kin\ as a boy's name has the meaning "dusty one; servant; messenger" and is a variant of Deacon (Greek): a deacon is a ministerial assistant in a Christian congregation.

Other spellings:
Deacon
Deakon
Deecon
Deekon

No comments:

Post a Comment