Sunday, May 18, 2014

My First Mother's Day

Sunday May 11, 2014 was my first Mother's Day!! 

As it were my FIRST,  I thought B.I.G. things were planned or going to happen during the day.  When I woke up it was about 7:20am.  This was GREAT!  Isla had slept well throughout the night and I had "slept in."  Only to walk out to the living room to my first surprise from Charlie (our dog) LOTS OF PRESENTS, and not the kind you want.  POOP, Poop, and more poop!!!!!!!!!!!  So I began my day cleaning up the poop.  Isla woke up a little after I was trying to clean up the poop, but poor little girl had to cry a little longer I couldn't let her around the area until I was able to clean it up. 

Finally was able to get everything ready for her to play, and she had a bottle we played a bit and then she was ready for a nap.  Which was okay with me I was ready for a nap myself.  Maceo was still sleeping, he was comfy so it was really easy to fall back asleep.  Maceo and I woke up around 10 he told me "Happy Mother's Day"  and a few minutes later we heard someone kicking her mattress she was just enjoying some time to herself.  We walked in and she was SMILING!  A much better way to begin the day.  Kind of like a due over. 

Maceo asked me if he and Isla could take me out for lunch.  Then he asked if A&W.  I love A&W, especially their chili cheese fries.  So I began the day with delicious chili cheese fries and root beer. 

Then, we went to Target Maceo said he was thinking about getting me some flowers but he thought why not get something for me that I could use rather than something that would just be pretty and then die.  I picked out a pair of shorts that I wanted.  Then we needed diapers for Isla-Maceo went to pay and then I suggested we just put it on my card. 

Target is right next to Lowe's so we went there to look to see if we wanted anything there.  I found some rose bushes that I was in love with!  And properly named "Love Roses."  Maceo said "how about Isla and I get you those for Mother's Day!"  I was ecstatic!!!  So now I have 3 rose bushes planted in front of our home.  And I will get to enjoy flowers for years to come!!

It all ended out as a pretty alright day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment